Skip to main content

About

Library Board of Control

The St. Charles Parish Library Board of Control is the governing body for the St. Charles Parish Library. The board is composed of residents of St. Charles Parish appointed by the St. Charles Parish Council to serve six year terms.

Read more about the library board, view meeting recordings, and read meeting minutes.

 

History

1955 The St. Charles Parish Library was founded in 1955 as a demonstration library project sponsored by the State Library of Louisiana. The library opened with two branches: the library headquarters was located in Hahnville and the other location was in Norco.
1977 The West Regional Library in Luling opened along with the Planetarium. It became the headquarters of the library system.
1978 The East Regional Library in Destrehan opened.
2003 The St. Rose Branch opened.
2010 The East Regional Library and library administration moved into a new facility next to Destrehan Plantation.
2011 The Paradis Branch opened.
2017 The West Regional Library and Planetarium reopened after an extensive renovation.