We provide public computers at all six of our branches.
- Guest passes are available for those without a St. Charles Parish Library card.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Computers are assigned in 30 minute increments, but sessions can be extended indefinitely in the absence of a waitlist.
- All users must abide by the Library’s Electronic Resource Use Policy.
Software and hardware specifications for our public computers are as follows:
- All library computers are running Windows
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Reader
- Computers do not have floppy disk, CD, or DVD drives
- Files will be saved temporarily to library computers but are erased at the end of every session and cannot be retrieved.
- To save your work, a USB drive is recommended. The library sells USB drives for $5.
- All Library computers are filtered in accordance with CIPA regulations
You can enjoy unlimited access to the internet on your device anytime, anywhere when you check out a mobile hotspot!
- Request a hotspot by placing one on hold using our online catalog or by calling the library .
- Adult library cardholders who live, work, go to school, or own property in St. Charles Parish are eligible to borrow a hotspot.
- Read more about our mobile hotspot program by clicking here.
Library Wi-Fi (MYSCPL WiFi)
We provide free Wi-Fi at all six branch locations during operating hours.
- All users must abide by the library’s Electronic Resource Use Policy.
- Our wireless network is filtered in accordance with CIPA regulations.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the safety or security of a patron’s device resulting from connection to its wireless network.
- There is no guarantee that all devices will work on the network.
- Library staff can provide general information for connecting to its wireless network but cannot troubleshoot problems with your equipment.
- We also offer wireless printing.