February Fun Facts
February is coming to a close, but before that happens...here are a few February fun facts!
- February was added to the Roman calendar in 713 BC. The length of the month changed over time and, at one time, it had as few as 23 days. When Julius Caesar remade the Roman calendar, the month was assigned 28 days during normal years and 29 days during leap years, which occur every four years.
- February 4, 1938: Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs was released in the United States.
- February 4, 2004: Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook, a mainstream online social network.
- February 16, 1923: the burial chamber of King Tutankhamen was opened.
- February 28, 1954: the DNA Double Helix was discovered.
Check out these books and movies featuring February: