Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is the sharing of books, articles, and other library materials among libraries in different areas. If the St Charles Parish Library does not own an item you wish to borrow, you can request the item through LoanShark, Louisiana's statewide interlibrary loan system.
Books and other print materials are generally available through ILL, but some items cannot be borrowed from other libraries. This includes:
- Items published in the current or previous year (request these through the Suggest an Item for Purchase form)
- Playaway Audiobooks
- Playaway Views
- Playaway Launchpads
- Reference Books
First Time User
First-time LoanShark users must fill out the Patron Interlibrary Loan Registration Form (to the right). Once the library has set up your account and emailed you a username and password, you are ready to begin submitting ILL requests.
How to Use LoanShark
- Log in to LoanShark
- Click "Login" at the top right of the LoanShark homepage.
- Select the St Charles Parish Library from the drop down menu and then enter your username and password
- Search for and request an item
- Search for an item and locate the entry with the most locations.
- If the entry says My Library, we own the item and it cannot be requested through ILL. Request these items through our online catalog or by contacting any library.
- If we do not own the item, click on the record and then click "Request This Item"
- Click the "Submit" button
- We will contact you when we receive the item.