Library Comic-Con® 2018
The St. Charles Parish Library’s first Comic-Con® will take place Saturday, July 7 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the East Regional Library.
There will be activities for all ages taking place throughout the library for the entire three hours. This is a family-friendly event!
- Karaoke and creating a custom Mickey Mouse ears headband for younger children
- A comic/manga swap for those who want to trade their comics for something new
- A series of 30-minute panels hosted by the library’s teen advisory board and guest panelist Mike Manning of the Longbox Guys. Topics include: fandom, cosplay music videos, improv, and fanfiction writing
- A discussion comparing books and comics to their movie counterparts for adults
A highlight of any comic con, the library’s Artists’ Alley will feature artists who create comic and pop-culture themed art, photo ops with characters, and a costume-making demo.
The following artists are scheduled to appear:
- Alette Matthews - watercolor paintings (featuring Doctor Who, Supernatural, Harry Potter, and original work)
- Ashlyn McKinney - digital art, comic strip (featuring various fandoms and original work)
- Taylor Wells, a colorist for Chew Comics - pen and ink, comics, and coloring (featuring Zelda, Sailor Moon, other fandom and manga-related art)
- Jesse Elliot, a runner-up artist for Top Cow Talent Hunt 2018 - digital art, comics (featuring Videogames, Disney, Marvel, and DC)
- Rebecca Stephens, member of Louisiana Cosplayers - costume-making demo
- Lee Stephen - Author of Epic Universe series
- Becca Hillburn - original art (watercolor, marker), original minicomics, wooden lasercut charms, stickers, miniprints (both original and fanart)
The following groups are scheduled to appear and will be available for photos.
- Bast Alpha Garrison of the 501st Legion - Star Wars Characters in full costume
- The Galactic Academy Malastare School of Louisiana (part of the Galactic Academy) - Stars Wars Characters in costume (featuring children ages 0-17)
All appearances are subject to change.
For any questions or more information, contact Public Relations Librarian Lauren Pitz.